The Job Order Contracting Certificate Program (JOCCP) includes 15 sessions that will overview:
- Different Project Delivery Methods and their applications
- Basic elements of JOC
- Requirements of a Successful JOC Program and is it the right method
- JOC Operations including how to set up a JOC Program
- Roles and Responsibilities of those involved
- Individual Job Order to include Preconstruction Services, Scope of Work, Price schedule and change orders
- How to manage a JOC Program to include training, reporting, communication tools, relationship building techniques and audits
- Job Order Pricing
- JOC Selection Process
- Legal considerations and contracts which are key to a successful JOC Program
- JOC Operations Manual
- Collaborative Thinking to ensure win-win-win results
- Case Studies weaved throughout the 15 weeks take students into real-life experiences
There are no prerequisites to enroll in this program, but basic knowledge about the construction process will be assumed. A certificate of completion will be awarded for successful completion of the course.
Individuals looking to become JOC certified may contact the ACE office to inquire about requirements and to set up testing with a proctor for the JOC exam.
Purchase the textbook here: http://www.amazon.com/Job-Order-Contracting-Expediting-Construction/dp/0876298110
Instructors to Include:
Gary Aller, Director, Alliance for Construction Excellence
Charlie Bowers, LEED AP, Centennial Contractors Enterprises, Inc.
Hank Traeger, Retired, Alliance for Construction Excellence
Mark Powell, LEED AP, Kosten Technik International